Bamboo Straws – Set of 12
- Made from Naturally abundant and fast renewing materials
- Bamboo straws make for a great alternative to their plastic counterparts. These straws are artisan-made in Northeast India using real whole Bamboo straw and are 100% Natural.
- Material: Bamboo
- Eco-Friendly product.
- Sustainable – Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth. Because it contains naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, there is no need for using fertilizers or pesticides during its cultivation. Bamboo is totally organic and wild.
- Biodegradable – Bamboo is biodegradable – from earth to earth! When you decide to retire your bamboo products, they are 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- Sip and say “no thanks” to another plastic straw!
Why make the switch?
An estimated 8 to 11 million tons of plastic straws enters the oceans every year — the equivalent of emptying a garbage truck filled with plastic into the oceans every minute. Most of these straws end up in the world’s oceans, where they clot shorelines and gather in thick gyres.
They end up being mistaken for food by marine life, which, when swallowed, can cause injury or even death. And straws — coffee stirrers, cocktail straws, big, bendy straws — gradually break down into microplastics that leach toxins into the water and eventually blanket the seafloor.
Seen from this macro-perspective, switching to natural, eco-friendly bamboo straws would be a pretty effective place to start in the quest to clean the oceans.